The computer displays a black screen with just an cursor. How can this be repaired?
When your computer’s screen goes black and shows a cursor, the “windows 10 black screen with cursor before login” is usually caused by a driver issue.
Update: Use our optimization tool to stop receiving error messages and slowing down your machine. Click here to get it right now.
Windows is a widely used operating system, yet we often run into difficulties or issues that we don’t understand why they arise on our computer.
I’ve met several Windows difficulties and attempted to resolve them throughout my computer troubleshooting job, and one of them is known as “Windows 10 black screen.”
What causes a black screen of death with a cursor (KSOD)?
- A virus has infected you.
- Driver for the video card is broken.
- A certain Windows update has been applied.
How can I repair the KSOD (black screen with cursor)?
Updated in October 2021:
You may now use this program to avoid PC issues such as file loss and infection by utilizing it. It’s also a terrific method to get the most out of your computer’s performance. The software easily repairs common Windows system faults – no need to spend hours debugging when you have the correct answer right at your fingertips:
- Step 1: Get the PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Microsoft Gold Certified for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, and Vista).
- Step 2: Select “Start Scan” to look for Windows registry issues that might be causing your computer to malfunction.
- Step 3: To address all faults, click “Repair All.”
In safe mode, uninstall the VGA/display driver.
- Press R while holding down the Windows key.
- Press OK after typing hdwwiz.CPL.
- Display Adapter should be expanded. (Make a mental note of the name of your display adaptor.)
- Uninstall it by right-clicking on it.
- After uninstalling, reboot your computer in normal mode and reinstall the newest drivers.
Safe Mode should be used to restore the system.
- Open Run and enter “rstrui.exe” and click OK OR click the Start button and type “System Restore” in the Start menu’s search feature.
- You may also launch Run by hitting R while holding down the Windows key.
- In the search results, choose System Restore.
- After the data has been imported, check the box next to Show additional restore points and click Next.
- Look at the dates when your computer was working regularly to find a restore point.
- After that, just click Next and Done. The system restoration will begin, and your computer will reboot once it is finished.
RECOMMENDED: To resolve Windows issues and improve system performance, go here.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Why is my computer screen blank, yet the mouse cursor is visible?
See whether the Task Manager shows by hitting the Ctrl+Alt+Del key sequence. Select New Task and type EXPLORE if the Task Manager panel occurs. If the desktop displays, go to Start, Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt, and finally Exit.
How can I get rid of the pointer on a blank screen?
- Safe mode should be enabled.
- The graphics driver should be uninstalled and reinstalled.
- Turn off the rapid boot feature.
What is the best way to get rid of the black screen?
- Examine your computer’s hardware and cable connections.
- The display/graphics/video driver should be updated.
- Updates or uninstall applications
- Quick startup is disabled.
- Remove any security software you have installed.
,,,,,,,,,, “@context”: “https://schema.org”, “@type”: “FAQPage”, “mainEntity”: [“@type”: “Question”, “name”: “Why is my computer screen black, but I can see the mouse pointer?”], “acceptedAnswer”: “@type”: “Answer”, “text”: “Try hitting the Ctrl+Alt+Del key sequence to see whether the Select New Task and type EXPLORE if the Task Manager panel occurs. , “@type”: “Question”, “name”: “How to repair the black screen with the cursor?”, “acceptedAnswer”: “@type”: “Answer”, “text”: “Activate safe mode.” “acceptedAnswer”: “@type”: “Answer”, “text”: “Check the hardware and cable connection to your PC.”, “@type”: “Question”, “name”: “How to get rid of the black screen?”, “acceptedAnswer”: “@type”: “Answer”, “text”: “Check the hardware and cable connection to your PC.”, “acceptedAnswer”: “@type” The display/graphics/video driver should be updated. Updates or uninstall applications Quick startup is disabled. Remove any security software you have installed “] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]
The article How to Fix a Black Screen with Cursor (KSOD) on a Windows PC originally published on.
The “windows 7 black screen with cursor before login” is a problem that has been present for a while. The issue can be fixed by using the following steps: 1. Open Task Manager and close all running programs, except the one you want to repair, and reboot your computer. 2. Boot into Safe Mode and open Command Prompt as administrator. 3. Type in the command sfc /scannow and press enter., then reboot your PC again.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I permanently fix my black screen with cursor?
A: If your screen is stuck on a black screen with the cursor, its likely an issue with Beat Saber PSVR. To solve this problem, you should try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This will delete any saved data associated to that version of the game and install a fresh copy.
Why is my computer screen black but I can see the mouse?
A: This is a known bug that will be updated soon.
How do I fix a jammed black screen on Windows?
A: The black screen is most likely due to a power shortage or system error. You may need to restart it in order for the game to function properly again.
- windows 7 black screen with cursor ctrl+alt del not working
- how to fix black screen with cursor after login to windows 10/8/7
- windows 7 black screen with cursor registry fix
- computer black screen on startup windows 10
- windows 8.1 black screen with cursor no task manager