The screen in Windows 11 can be split into two. This article will show you how to split your screen in Windows 11.
The split screen windows 11 is a feature that allows you to split your screen into two sections. This feature can be used for many purposes, such as watching a video on one side and working on the other.
Loredana Harsana (Loredana Harsana)
Expert in Windows and Software
Loredana is a dedicated writer who is fascinated by computer software and technology. She began blogging about smartphones when the Samsung Galaxy S II was the most popular device on the market, and… Read more
- Some Windows 11 users desire to personalize their everyday work environment, and splitting the screen is one of the most common choices.
- The Settings menu allows you to easily customize the snap windows.
- In Windows 11, using Snap Layouts to divide the screen is also a good idea.
We suggest Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer problems, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To address problems that are impacting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
The most recent Microsoft operating system is all-new, with a slew of new features and capabilities. It enables you to quickly modify particular designs to suit your needs, among other things.
How to split-screen in Windows 11 seems to be of interest to certain people. And if you’re one of them, bear in mind that there are a variety of methods to go about it.
Fortunately, they just take a few seconds, so don’t be concerned about doing them. You may also easily return to the default aspect if you change your mind.
There are many reasons to split the screen in Windows 11, but we’ve chosen the greatest of them. Take a peek at the next section to learn more about them.
Why should I divide the screen in Windows 11?
There may be instances when you need to run two monitors in order to be more productive at work; we can either attach a new one or use VMware assistance.
Splitting the screen, which divides your PC screen into two or more halves so you can see several windows at the same time, enables you to accomplish this on a single one.
This will undoubtedly increase screen real estate while also improving workflow efficiency. It’s also worth noting that having a big display helps you see your divided portions clearly.
In Windows 11, how can I divide the screen?
1. From the Windows Settings menu, enable Snap windows.
- Open the Settings menu by pressing the Windows key.
- Navigate to System, then Multitasking.
- Go to the Snap Windows area and enable it.
- By clicking on this area, you may expand it to see more choices.
- Fill in the blanks with anything you need. Keep in mind that you have a variety of choices to select from.
2. In Windows 11, use Snap Layouts
2.1 Divide the screen into two halves.
- To divide a folder, first open it.
- Hover your mouse cursor over the maximize button in the window’s top-right corner.
- Examine the first choice, then choose one of the highlighted sections.
- Your current app window will now snap into the chosen half of the screen, while the other open applications will appear as thumbnails in the other half.
- Select the one you want to move to the opposite side of the screen by clicking on it.
- There are now two app windows visible. The greatest thing is that you can work on them all at the same time.
2.2 Dividing the screen into three halves
- Hover over the maximize button once more, then pick one of the three sections from the left-bottom area (We recommend selecting the biggest one).
- The current window will now accommodate the portion you chose before. Other open windows will be shown as thumbnails. Choose the window that needs the greatest attention from the list.
- Your screen will take up the left half of your screen after you’ve chosen the required window.
- The other open windows will be arranged as thumbnails in the remaining quarter, just as they were before.
- In the final quarter, you’ll have to select which app you want to be shown again.
2.3 Divide the screen into four separate sections.
- You’ll need to hover the mouse over the maximize button one more.
- The procedure will be quite similar to what we’ve already covered. However, you must choose the required quarter from the last choice.
- Select the additional applications to be shown on the split screen in the same way.
We’ve also written a detailed tutorial on how to enable Snap layouts in Windows 11, so be sure to read it thoroughly.
3. Snap the windows to the sides manually.
3.1 Experiment with a particular keyboard shortcut.
- Open the window you want.
- You’ll need to use the following keyboard shortcut to divide the screen into two sections: Left/Right Arrow Keys + Windows
- Apply the previously stated keyboard shortcut to divide the screen into three parts. Remain on the least important window, then use the same combination again.
- All of the following procedures must be followed for a four-section screen splitting. Then, click on the most enlarged window once again, and utilize the keyboard shortcut: Left/Right Arrow Keys + Windows
- The additional open windows will emerge on the other side of the screen after the primary windows have shown on the screen.
- Select the ones you’d want to move to the other side of the screen.
- Your screen will now be divided into many parts.
3.2 Make use of the mouse
3.2.1 Divided into two parts
- To divide the Windows 11 screen into two parts, hold and drag the required window to either side as far as the cursor will allow.
- Release the cursor when you can see a blurry shape. This indicates how much space the app will take up in the background.
- Now choose the second window you need.
- To resize the two chosen windows once they appear on your screen, drag the line that divides them.
3.2.2 Split the project into three or four parts.
- Hold down the window you want to move to the corner and drag it there.
- Release the cursor whenever you see a hazy shape in the backdrop that covers a fourth of the screen.
- The main window, as well as the other applications, should now display on your screen. Choose two of the most crucial to include in other parts.
- On the screen, there will now be three windows.
- You may resize the windows by dragging the line that divides the panes, exactly as you did before.
- Similarly, you may divide the screen into four parts.
What additional screen enhancements in Windows 11 are useful?
We made care to provide only useful choices and information, so you can be certain that if you use them, you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
As you can see, you may customize your Windows 11 screen in a variety of ways besides split-screen. Of course, the most recent OS design includes a slew of new features, so take your time exploring them.
Do you have any additional ideas or questions? We encourage you to share your thoughts with us by leaving a comment in the area below.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The split screen shortcut windows 10 is a feature in Windows 11 that allows you to split your screen, and it is easy to use.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I split my screen into two windows?
You can split your screen into two windows by pressing the Options button on your PS4 controller.
What is the shortcut key for split screen?
The shortcut key for split screen is the Ctrl and Shift keys.
- how to split screen in windows 10
- windows 11 split screen not working
- split full screen windows 10
- windows 11 display
- windows 11 time on second monitor