A common issue with NVIDIA Shadowplay is that it doesn’t seem to be recording the game, but you can still hear all of the sound. Here’s how to fix this problem.
Shadowplay is a unique Nvidia GameWorks feature that captures gameplay in real-time at 60FPS and saves it to your local PC. One of the main aspects of Shadowplay is its ability to record videos from inside games, but when this feature fails there are several different situations where Shadowplay can stop working properly. This article will give you a few troubleshooting steps in order to get Shadowplay recording again on your NVIDIA GPU.
The “geforce instant replay not recording game” is a problem that has been present for a while. NVIDIA has released a fix to fix the issue.
Update: Use our optimization tool to stop receiving error messages and slowing down your machine. Click here to get it right now.
Other video recording software pales in comparison to Nvidia ShadowPlay, a hardware-accelerated screen recording tool. It can broadcast to major video-sharing services like YouTube or Twitch, record at 60 frames per second utilizing GeForce GPUs, and share high-quality video in the resolution of your choice.
However, as some have remarked, ShadowPlay’s lack of recording may be annoying at times, whether it’s for entire video or just audio. If you’re still stumped, have a look at these simple remedies.
What causes the problem of “Shadowplay not recording”?
This issue may arise for a number of reasons, including selecting the incorrect audio device on your Windows computer, disabling system audio, not correctly configuring or installing the Nvidia GeForce Experience software, and so on.
Now that we’ve gone through the potential reasons of this issue, let’s look at the various ways for restoring sound in ShadowPlay recordings.
How can I fix the “Shadowplay won’t record” issue?
Updated in October 2021:
You may now use this program to avoid PC issues such as file loss and infection by utilizing it. It’s also a terrific method to get the most out of your computer’s performance. The software easily repairs common Windows system faults – no need to spend hours debugging when you have the correct answer right at your fingertips:
- Step 1: Get the PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Microsoft Gold Certified for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, and Vista).
- Step 2: Select “Start Scan” to look for Windows registry issues that might be causing your computer to malfunction.
- Step 3: To address all faults, click “Repair All.”
Turn on privacy controls.
- Go to the Settings tab in your Shadowplay and select General in the top left corner.
- Make sure the “Share” option is switched on by scrolling down to it.
- You’ll be able to save your game using the hotkeys without any issues after that.
GeForce Experience should be reinstalled.
- To open the Run dialog box, hit Win + R, then enter appwiz.CPL and press Enter.
- In the list of installed programs, right-click the NVidia GeForce Experience application and choose Uninstall.
- Then, to finish the uninstallation, follow the on-screen directions.
- To get the newest version of GeForce Experience for your PC, go here and download it.
NVidia Steamer should be restarted.
- To launch the Run dialog box, press Win + R, then type services. MSC and Enter are the keystrokes to use.
- Double-click NVidia Streaming Service in the Services window to see its properties.
- If the service was deactivated, change the Startup Type to Automatic and then click Run.
- You may also restart this service by right-clicking on it and selecting Restart.
- Now go into GeForce Experience and check to see whether Shadowplay is still active.
Allow registration from a computer
- Select Settings from your Shadowplay menu.
- Check the Allow Desktop Registration option underneath the desktop picture in Overlay.
- You may now start playing the game and see if you can find the shortcuts you need to record your gameplay.
RECOMMENDED: To resolve Windows issues and improve system performance, go here.
The “shadowplay recording wrong monitor” is a common issue that many NVIDIA users are facing. The issue can be fixed by updating the drivers for your NVIDIA video card.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix Shadowplay not recording?
A: If the game is not recording in either of your video cards, you need to check if it is set up correctly. To do this, find out which resolution Shadowplay is capturing by going into the drop down menu under advanced settings on most windows operating systems and selecting Show Advanced Settings. Check to see if there are any items listed as being incompatible with each other for example 1920×1080 at 60fps versus 1080p at 30fps.
Why is my Nvidia recording not working?
A: This is a common error that pops up with Nvidia recording software. If this happens, please uninstall and reinstall the program to fix it.
How do I make Nvidia Shadowplay record anything?
A: In order to record anything on your PC, you need a program called Fraps. The easiest way is to go into the settings of Shadowplay and enable it from there.
- nvidia shadowplay not working
- nvidia instant replay not working
- nvidia highlights not working
- shadowplay recording desktop instead of game